Marina Pitto - Associate Professor
Department and institution: Department of Health Sciences, School of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milano Bicocca
see also: PubMed, BOA
Keywords: Urinary Exosomes, Membrane Microdomains, Proteomics, Lipidomics, Biomarkers
-Lipidomics and Proteomics of renal cell carcinoma: evaluation of alterations in protein expression profile of subcellular fractions in tumoral tissue compared to normal one. Aim of this work is the identification of potential biomarker for early diagnosis of Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC).
-Study of urinary exosomes, nanovesicles (30-100 nm) released by every epithelial cell facing the urinary space, considered a source of potential biomarkers for kidney diseases. In particular, we are focusing our attention on RCC, an aggressive, highly metastatic, chemo- and radio-resistant tumour; Diabetic Nephropathy, the frequent diabetic outcome, which is associated with altered renal protein expression; hereditary tubulopathies, Bartter and Gitelman syndromes, which outset in fetal, neonatal and/or paediatric age, and compromise life quality of young patients.
1. Corbetta, S; Raimondo, F; Tedeschi, S; Syrèn, M; Rebora, P; Savoia, A; Baldi, L; Bettinelli, A; Pitto, M (2014). Urinary exosomes in the diagnosis of Gitelman and Bartter syndromes. NEPHROLOGY DIALYSIS TRANSPLANTATION, 30(4), 621-630.
2. Raimondo, F; Corbetta, S; Morosi, L; Chinello, C; Gianazza, E; Castoldi, G; Di Gioia, C; Bombardi Rosa, C; Stella, A; Battaglia, C; Bianchi, C; Magni, F; Pitto, M (2013). Urinary exosomes and diabetic nephropathy: a proteomic approach. MOLECULAR BIOSYSTEMS, 9(6), 1139-1146.
3. Raimondo, F; Corbetta, S; Savoia, A; Chinello, C; Cazzaniga, M; Rocco, F; Bosari, S; Grasso, M; Bovo, G; Magni, F; Pitto, M (2015). Comparative membrane proteomics: A technical advancement in the search of renal cell carcinoma biomarkers. MOLECULAR BIOSYSTEMS, 11(6), 1708-1716.
4. Raimondo, F., Corbetta, S., Chinello, C., Pitto, M., & Magni, F. (2014). The urinary proteome and peptidome of renal cell carcinoma patients: A comparison of different techniques. EXPERT REVIEW OF PROTEOMICS, 11(4), 503-514.
5. Pitto, M., Corbetta, S., & Raimondo, F. (2015). Preparation of urinary exosomes: methodological issues for clinical proteomics. In Clinical Proteomics (pp. 43-53). New York : Springer Link.
last update: January 2017