Josee Golay - Researcher
Department and institution: Center of Cellular Therapy "G. Lanzani", ASST Papa Giovanni XXIII
tel. +39 0352278637
see also: PubMed
Other related links: Azienda Socio Sanitaria Territoriale (ASST) Papa Giovanni XXIII
Keywords: Immunology, Therapeutic antibody, Cell Therapy, Bispecific Antibody
1. Bispecific antibodies and Cell therapy
The major task that I would like to develop is the possibility of combining in vitro expanded T cells with bispecific antibodies. Indeed, in our Cell Factory, different T cell types can be expanded in vitro in GMP conditions for immunotherapeutic purposes, either from normal donors or patients. Ex vivo expanded T cells, like cytokine induced killer cells (CIK), have shown promising activity for the treatment of cancer. The activity and anti-tumour activity of these cells may be enhanced by combination with novel bispecific antibodies.
2. Role of immune cells and FcɣRs in therapeutic activity of unconjugated therapeutic monoclonal antibodies(MAbs)
The mechanism of action of unconjugated IgG1 monoclonal antibodies is thought to be mediated by activation of the immune system. Dissecting the role of different FcɣRs and immune cells in mediating activity of old and new generation MAbs is important also for the development of other unconjugated therapeutic MAbs, for example against solid tumours. In particular I aim to further dissect the role of neutrophils and its receptors CD16B and CD32A, in the mechanism of action of MAbs.
Main topics of the group
Cell Therapy, Therapeutic Monoclonal Antibodies, Onco-hematology, Cytokine induced killer cells, Bispecific Antibody
Internal and external collaborators
- Marina Ciomei, Nerviano Medical Science, Nerviano, Italy,
- Martine Duonor-Cérutti, CNRS, France
1. Pievani A, Borleri G, Pende D, Moretta L, Rambaldi A, Golay J, Introna M. (2011) Dual-functional capability of CD3+CD56+ CIK cells, a T-cell subset that NK function and retains TCR-mediated specific cytotoxicity. Blood 118:3301-10.
2. Golay J, Da Roit F, Bologna L, Ferrara Koller C, Leusen J, Rambaldi A, Klein C, Introna M. (2013) Glycoengineered CD20 Antibody Obinutuzumab Activates Neutrophils and Mediates Phagocytosis through CD16B More Efficiently than Rituximab. Blood 122(20):3482-91. doi: 10.1182/blood-2013-05-504043.
3. Golay J, D'Amico A, Borleri G, Finazzi MC, Quaresmini G, Nagorsen D, Introna M, Rambaldi A. (2014) Massive Clinical Grade Expansion of Polyclonal T cells Using Blinatumomab for Adoptive Autologous Cellular Therapy of CLL Patients. J. Immunol.193(9):4739-47. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.1401550.
4. Da Roit F, Engelberts PJ, Taylor RP, Breij ECW, Gritti G, Rambaldi A, Introna M, Parren PWHI, Frank J. Beurskens FJ, Golay J (2015) Ibrutinib interferes with the cell-mediated anti-tumour activities of therapeutic CD20 antibodies: implications for combination therapy. Haematologica 100(1):77-86. doi: 10.3324/haematol.2014. 107011.
5. Golay J, Choblet S, Iwaszkiewicz J, Cérutti P, Ozil A, Loisel S, Pugnière M, Ubiali G, Zoete V, Michielin O, Berthou C, Kadouche J, Mach JP, Duonor-Cérutti M. (2016) Design and validation of a novel generic platform for the production of tetravalent IgG1-like bispecific antibodies. J. Immunol. In press.
last update: January 2018