Fulvio Magni - Full Professor
Department and institution: School of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milano Bicocca
tel. +39 02 6448 8213
institutional profile page: UNIMIB
see also: PubMed, BOA
Keywords: Proteomics, Metabolomics, Cancer, Mass Spectrometry
At the present, he is studying and characterizing the proteome of the human renal cortex. Moreover, identification of differentially expressed protein in renal cell carcinoma versus normal tissues, in their primary culture and in subcellular fractions is afforded. More recently, he is evaluating the proteome/peptidome of human Renal Cell Carcinoma and of Diabetic Type 1 patients with nephropathy biological fluids (serum, plasma and urine) by LC-ESI-MS/MS and MALDI-TOF/TOF aimed to biomarkers discovery for early diagnosis and prognosis. He is also implementing in his lab and optimizing the very advanced Mass Spectrometry Imaging technology applied to various diseases e.g. Renal Cell Carcinoma, thyroid tumors and CKD patients.
1. Gianazza E, Chinello C, Mainini V, Cazzaniga M, Squeo V, Albo G, Signorini S, Di Pierro Ss, Ferrero S, Nicolardi S, Van Der Burgt Ye, Deelder Am, Magni F. Alterations of the serum peptidome in renal cell carcinoma discriminating benign and malignant kidney tumors. J Proteomics. 2012 76: 125-140.
2. Mainini V, Bovo G, Chinello C, Gianazza E, Grasso M, Cattoretti G, Magni F. Detection of high molecular weight proteins by MALDI imaging mass spectrometry. Mol Biosyst. 2013 2013; 9(6): 1101-7.
3. Magni F, Lalowski M, Mainini V, Marchetti-Deschmann M, Chinello C, Urbani A, Baumann M. Proteomics imaging and the kidney. J Nephrol. 2013 May 16;26(3):430-6
Mainini V, Pagni F, Garancini M, Giardini V, De Sio G, Cusi C, Arosio C, Roversi G, Chinello C, Caria P, Vanni R,.
4. Magni F. An Alternative Approach in Endocrine Pathology Research: MALDI-IMS in Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma. Endocr Pathol. Endocr Pathol. 2013 Dec;24(4):250-3.
5. Mainini V, Pagni F, Ferrario F, Pieruzzi F, Grasso M, Stella A, Cattoretti G, Magni F. MALDI imaging mass spectrometry in glomerulonephritis: feasibility test. Histopathology. 2014 May;64(6):901-6.
last update: January 2018